Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Worst Words I Could Have Said...

I dipped into my old creative writing folder tonight and found a few interesting tidbits that I think I will post on here over the next couple of days. Here is the first one. This was an in class exercise that we had to do in about 15 minutes. From a list of suggestions I picked the one that said, "write about the 7 worst things to say to someone who just got dumped." This is what I came up with.




The Worst Words I Could Have Said…

She told me today that he had dumped her yesterday.
I didn’t quite know what to say,
I’m never that good with these situations anyway.
I thought about, “That’s OK, he never loved you all along.”
Or, “That really sucks. What’d you do wrong?”
No, those won’t do. So I came up with a different two.
“You had a boyfriend? I never knew!”
And, “To tell ya the truth, you got what was coming for you.”
Hmm, what else could I suggest?
“He was out of your league. Close to a ten and you’re an average six, at best.”
Or, “He was your 3rd cousin removed. That’s pretty much incest!”
Who am I kidding? I can’t say any of that.
Well I need to say something…
“Uhh, he dumped you cause you’re fat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment